INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY (ISET)
Call for Papers
International Seminar on Educational Technology (ISET) is an international seminar organized by the Postgraduate Program of Semarang State University (Unnes), Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia. In 2014, the seminar will be conducted on June 14th, and it focuses on educational technology to promote the development and dissemination of theoretical knowledge, conceptual research, and professional knowledge through seminar activities, discussion, and its seminar proceedings. More specifically, ISET 2014 aims to discuss the use of ICT for teaching and learning, assessment, teacher training, academic administration, and educational management. Emerging technologies such as social media will also be part of the discussion. The theme and sub-themes of the seminar are:
Theme: Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Education
The seminar sub themes include, but not limited to, the following sub-theme:
1. The uses of ICT and their impacts on teaching, learning, and the development of competencies
2. Emerging technologies: current, potential, and future issues for education
3. ICT for teacher training and the teaching profession
4. ICT for educational management/administration
5. ICT for language teaching and assessment
Each keynote speech will be allocated 60 minutes (40 minutes for speech and 20 minutes for discussion), parallel session presentation will be allocated 30 minutes each (20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion), and workshop session will be allocated 60 minutes, incorporating participants’ activities.
Venue: Patrajasa Convention Hotel, Semarang, Indonesia
- Dr. Rajiv Soman (University of Cincinnati, USA)
- Dr. John Hope (University of Auckland, NZ)
- Mr. David Javier Arzola & Ms. Erica Balazs (RELO- US Embassy)
• Non Indonesian public: USD 80
• Non Indonesian student: USD 50
• Indonesian public: IDR 500,000
• Indonesian student: IDR 300,000
Proceedings fee: IDR 25,000
Free Registration Fee for the first 20 overseas participants (limited for 2 people from each country) !!
Free city tour of Semarang for overseas participants!!
To be a participant of the seminar (as a listener or as a presenter, if your abstract is accepted for presentation), you must make on-line registration. Evidence of payment (scanned copy of bank transfer slip) should be uploaded to confirm your registration. Payment should be made by bank transfer to the following:
Account Holder’s Name : Mr. Sholeh Adi Waluyo
Account Number : 0315981644
Bank Name : BNI
Bank Branch : Cabang Unnes Semarang
Bank SWIFT Code : BNINIDJA
• Abstract submission: 1 January 2014 – 28 February 2014
• Notification of accepted abstract: 15 March 2014
• Registration: 1 March – 10 May 2014
• Full paper submission: 15 May 2014
Papers will be compiled in a proceedings (in CD format) with ISBN
Criteria for Acceptance of abstract:
All abstracts will be evaluated by the Seminar Planning Committee. Relevance to the theme of the Seminar and freshness and originality of approach are among the major considerations in the acceptance of papers. The Committee reserves the right to decline paper/workshop Abstract without providing reasons.
Registration of Submission:
Abstracts for papers/workshops must be accompanied by the Seminar Registration forms. Proposers may delay the payment of the registration fees until they are officially notified if their abstracts have been accepted or otherwise.
Submission of abstract for Parallel Papers/workshop
For submission of abstract for Paper/Workshops, please click (LINK)
Registration as Participants
For attendance as participants, please click (LINK).
Should you have any enquiries, please email to the secretariat: email@example.com
or to Dr. Issy Yuliasri: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in the sunny tropical Semarang!
Dr. Issy Yuliasri